Being raised in a very desi household, I remember growing up on specific foods and cakes and biscuits that no one else would have heard of. Naan khatai is definitely one of them, I don’t usually share recipes on the blog but seeing as you guys asked so many questions on these, here goes:
1 cup ghee
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp Semolina (sooji)
1/4 tsp cardamom powder (elaichi)
8-10 roasted pistachios
1 egg yolk
- Mix the sugar and ghee in a bowl and whisk well until fluffy and set aside.
- In another bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder and semolina together.
- Once sieved, add cardamom powder and mix well, then add the sugar and ghee mixture and combine.
- Knead the mixture to form a soft dough.
- Cover and refrigerate the mixture for 15 mins
- Roll out about 10-12 small balls and flatten to create a biscuit. Generously apply egg yolk on the flattened balls. Garnish with pistachios to decorate.
- Bake at 180 C (or 160 C for a fan oven) for about 15-20 mins until lightly golden
If you guys want to see more recipes, let me know 🙂