Being raised in a very desi household, I remember growing up on specific foods and cakes and biscuits that no one else would have heard of. Naan khatai is definitely one of them, I don’t usually share recipes on the blog but seeing as you guys asked so many questions on these, here goes:
1 cup Ghee
All purpose flour
1/4 cup Gram flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp Semolina (sooji)
1 tsp Cardamom powder
8-10 roasted almonds
1 egg yolk
- Mix the icing sugar and ghee in a bowl and whisk well until fluffy and set aside
- In another bowl, sieve the all purpose flour, gram flour, baking powder and semolina together.
- Once sieved, add cardamom powder and mix well, then add the ghee and sugar powder and mix well.
- Knead the mixture to form a soft dough, and add the roasted almonds to the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate the mixture for 15 mins
- Roll out about 10-12 small balls and generously apply egg yolk on the balls. Add 1 roasted almond on each one to decorate.
- Bake at 180 C for about 15-20 mins until lightly golden
If you guys want to see more recipes, let me know 🙂