Quarantine has me craving some weird things, things that I wouldnt usually crave because they were so ready available. So here I am at 11pm on a Friday night making cookie dough! Even though I’ve made it before I’m very excited about it this time around. So sharing the love with you all.
A few things to mention before for my sceptics – raw cookie is edible if the flour is heat-treated and has either no eggs or pasteurized eggs. This recipe doesn’t have eggs so we are good to go!
270g all purpose flour
230g unsalted butter
300g brown sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
2 cupa dessicated coconut (you can use any other alternative like chocolate chips, almonds, any other nuts, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 175C degrees
2. Spread the flour onto a baking sheet and bake at 175C degrees for 12 mins.
3. Partially melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Combine the butter with sugar and mix well.
4. Add the milk, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well.
5. Once the flour is cooled, add it to the mixture and stir well. (Tip – Sieve the flour before adding to the mixture)
(If you’re adding chocolate or nuts, add it now and mix it in well)
6. Refrigerate for about 1 hour to firm a little before eating.
7. Sprinkle all the goodness with ample dessicated coconut.. no I mean really sprinkle it like goldust!