I feel like it’s very hard to feel excited about things whilst in quarantine. But yet today mum and I made the most nostalgic dish that has given me so much life! This dish really reminds me of my childhood in Kenya for some reason. My mum’s been making this for us for years and it’s the simplest recipe and so delicious too. Sharing the inside scoop of a family classic with you…
400ml coconut milk
500g Corn on the cob
90g gram flour
2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp salt
1 freshly squeezed lemon
- Boil the corn on medium heat for 5 mins
2. In a separate pan, add the coconut milk and let simmer for a few minites. When heated add salt, chillies, turmeric and a little green chillies
3. In a separate bowl, add the gram flour and add a little water to it and mix making sure there are no lumps. Add this to the milky mixture and let boil for a few mins.
4. Add lemon juice and sprinkle some coriander and some more chillies
5. Add the corn to the mixture and let it soak.
6. Let the liquid thicken for another 2-3 mins
7. Ready to serve!
Probably one of my favourite quick dishes to make in a jiffy, and great to get the kids involved. Hope you enjoyed it 🙂 xx