I never thought I would be that person that would try to throw recipes together. Before the lockdown, I was all about eating the food, never about making it myself, but now I actually really enjoying trying new recipes and sharing them with you all. I feel like #QUARANDINEWITHME needs to be an actual thing. Anyways before I digress, my sugar and carb intake was getting a bit excessive so had to do something relatively healthy. Sharing the recipe of my Creamy Coconut Lemon Salmon with you all…
3 salmon fillets
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 medium onion, chopped
5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup full fat canned coconut milk
1 tsp oregano
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (or lime juice)
1 tbsps lemon zest (or lime zest)
1 tbsp cornflour
Salt and pepper to taste
Cilantro, freshly chopped
1. Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides
2. Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Pan sear the salmon until golden-brown, fr about 5 mins per side. Dont worry if it’s not fully cooked at this point, we will be cooking it a little more later on
3. Set the salmon aside in a plate
4. In the same non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic, cook till golden brown
5. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl whisk the coconut milk, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice and cornflour together until combined well.
6. Pour the coconut milk mixture into the pan and lower the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste and let simmer.
7. Once simmering, place the salmon pieces into the milky mixture. Continue to cook until the sauce has thickened.
8. Take off heat and serve on a bed of noodles/spaghetti. Sprinkle cilantro and lime pieces. Serve while hot.