I dont know what it is about Ramadan than makes me want to eat all the fried foods in the world, but here we are. I was craving something spicy but sweet and decided to throw these chips together. Hope you like them 🙂
For the chips
2 large potatoes
1 cup plain flour
1 cup rice flour (or corn flour)
For the sauce
Oil to deep fry
1 tbsp sesame seeds
4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
2-3 green chillies
1 small onion, sliced
1/2 capsicum, sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp honey
1. Peel and cut the potatoes in thick slices. Boil the potatoes for about 5 mins, but be sure not to overcook.
2. Strain the potatoes and let cool.
3. In a mixing bowl, add 1 tbsp flour and 1 tbsp rice flour to the cooled potatoes and mix in well.
4. In a separate bowl, add 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup rice flour (or cornflour) and add a little water whilst mixing. You should be left with a slimy consistency.
5. Mix in the potato chips well with the slimy paste. Be sure to mix well as this will make your chips nice and crispy.
6. Now for the sauce, in a hot wok pour some oil, then add the sesame seeds, green chillies, capsicum, onions, salt, sugar and cook a little.
7. Now add the honey, chilli sauce and soya sauce to the mixture and let simmer for a few minutes. Now add a little cornflour to the mixture to thicken. Take off heat and set aside.
8. Once a little cool, pour over the chips and mix well.
Crispy honey chilli chips are ready to be devoured!