Day 7 of my low carb journey continues, and on todays menu is this utterly delicious Coconut Chicken Curry. You can make this even if you’re not on a diet but I have made some alterations to suit my low carb diet.
300g sliced boneless chicken
1 tsp truffle oil (i put this in EVERYTHING but you can use olive oil if you don’t have any)
1/2 onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic
100ml coconut milk
100ml hot water
100g tomato puree (or blend a tomato if you dont have puree at home)
1/2 tsp Stevia (or any other sugar alternative)
For the Marinade:
1/2 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Marinade the chicken with the chilli powder, turmeric, coconut oil and Himalayan salt and set aside for 30mins
- On a medium heat, add the butter and a splash of truffle oil (a biiig splash if you’re like me and can’t get enough of it). Add the onion and mixed garlic, sprinkle with salt to get rid of the moisture from the onions. Stir till the onions are translucent.
- Add the marinated chicken and mix well. Cook for about 8-10 mins
- Add the tomato puree and hot water. Cover and let simmer for 5-8 mins
- Pour in the coconut milk and mix well. Let it simmer for about 5 mins. (or longer if you prefer your curry to be a little drier)
- Add the Stevia (or any other sweetener or even sugar free maple syrup) – this is the secret ingredient that gives it that slightly sweet taste to compliment the coconut flavour.
- Optional – if you’re like me and obsessed with anything coconut, sprinkle with some desiccated coconut before serving and garnish with fresh mint stolen from your mother’s garden.