Ahhh these are my fool proof chewy cookies recipe. Absolute favourite recipe, tastes soo good with a chilled glass of milk (yes, I’m still 7 years old!)
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. In a mix bowl, add the sugar, brown sugar, salt and butter. Use a whisk as its beat to mix properly.
2. Now mix in the egg and vanilla. Mix well with whisk. The consistency will be gooey.
3. Seive the flour and baking soda and mix well using a paddle spoon.
OPTIONAL – Add a load of chocolate chips (I added minimal amount as I’m not a fan of choc)
4. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
5. Using an ice-cream scoop, place about 6 scoops of the cookie dough on a baking tray with baking sheet. PS. They spread quite wide so make sure you leave enough room for them to do their thing.
6. Bake at 180C (my oven is a Neff fan oven so I have to use a lower heat at 160C)
7. Take cookies out and let cool for 10 mins on a cooling rack.