These bad boys were so good and fun to make too, let’s jump right into it!
For the breadroll (you could just buy a shortcrust pastry but we don’t do that here)
1/3 cup double cream
1/3 cup warm water
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 1/2 tsp yeast
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1.5 tbsp olive oil
Method for breadrolls
1. In a mixing bowl, add the double cream, water, sugar and yeast and whisk. Leave to rest for 10 mins.
2. Add in the egg, 1.5 cups flour and salt. Whisk to ensure the egg is all mixed in, but once the egg is mixed it might be good to use your hands to mix as its gonna get sticky!
3. Add in another cup of flour and knead. Put some strength into it and keep kneading.
4. Lay out on a clean surface and stretch out and knead some more.
5. Pour some olive oil onto it and set aside for an hour. (Cover with a damp kitchen towel)
Let’s prep the chicken whilst we wait for our breadroll to proof
For the chicken:
400g boiled chicken (marinaded in soya sauce)
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp garlic and ginger paste (you can use actual garlic and ginger too but I like this better)
3 tbsp Green onions
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup double cream
1 cube chicken stock
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chilli powder
Method for chicken
1. Start with melting the butter in a hot pan, add the garlic/ginger paste (watch out it might spit).
2. Add the flour in and cook for 2-3 mins till the flour is all mixed together
3. Add in the double cream slowly and Whisk continuously
4. Drop in the chicken cube, mix well. Add the salt, pepper and chilli powder and mix well.
5. Add in the shredded chicken and mix in well. It should be a doughy mixture once all mixed in. Set aside.
Now, let’s put it all together, but before we do preheat your oven to 170 C (I have a Neff which is a bit stronger than most ovens so I set mine at 160 C)
Create the stuffed breadrolls….
1. Divide the dough into 8 even pieces (i just slice it so its even)
2. Roll out each dough ball creating a long rectangular shape.
3. Sprinkle some tomato ketchup in the middle and add the chicken. Finish with mozzarella cheese for added yumminess and roll the parcel by folding the bottom then side (like you would a duck pancake!)
4. Line them all up on a greased baking tray. Whisk an egg with some Parsley and apply generously to the top of each breadroll
5. Put in the oven for 25mins (or still golden brown)
It might seem a bit lengthy but trust me when I say it’s worth it. Just look at this….