I’m just going to come out and say it. I’m done with eating Pakistani food every day. I miss eating PF Chang and Zuma and Wagamama and anything that has soya sauce in it!
There’s a very simple solution to not wanting to eat my mums food – make your own, you lazy so and so so! So I did… I’ve absolutely been craving a wasabi style Salmon Teriyaki so gave this a go and here it goes….
2-3 lbs salmon cut into wide pieces
For the teriyaki sauce (you can just buy this too!)
1 cup light brown sugar
3 tbsp low salt soya sauce
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 small ginger piece (around 4cm)
1 large garlic clove
Prep – Preheat oven to 200C
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and keep mixing until the brown sugar has dissolved completely.
- In a mixing bowl, place the pieces of salmon and pour the teriyaki sauce generously over them, rubbing the sauce into the pieces of salmon. Cover with a cling film and let marinate for 30 mins.
- Once the salmon has marinated, place on a greased baking tray and bake at 200 C for 20 mins, then cover with foil and turn on the grill for a further 5-7mins (this will give a crispy layer on top)
- While the salmon is in the oven, transfer the remaining marinade to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil on low heat, let it simmer for 5 mins stirring occasionally. The sauce should slightly thicken.
- Once the salmon is out of the oven, put the salmon on a plate with rice and layer the sauce on top of the salmon.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
This has to be one of my favourite quick and easy dishes, so healthy yet so delish!