London is one of those cities that never fails to amaze me, even as a Londoner. I would dread to be a tourist in London, I genuinely wouldn’t want to pack all the brilliant things that London offers into a few days or even weeks!
I often feel like I take living in the capital for granted alot of the time, but I do love being a tourist in my own city, it reminds me every day what a beautiful city it is, with so much history.
I recently went to St Paul’s Cathedral lates for an evening in the beautiful cathedral. The cathedral opens its gates from 6-9pm for a small price, which it totally worth it. I can’t remember the last time I visited St Paul’s and it was totally worth it. Walking through the cathedral gives you a feeling you’re in a place no less than the Vatican.
Some fun facts about St Paul’s Cathedral:
- St Paul’s is the highest point of London
- The present cathedral is the 4th of it’s kind, it’s predessor was burnt down during the Fire of London
- Famous celebrations have taken place in St Paul’s including Prince Charles and Diana’s wedding in
- St Paul’s Dome is the 2nd largest dome in the world and can be climbed (only 529 steps high!) to get a surreal view of London
- In The Whispering Gallery, you can hear a whisper on the other side of the dome 112 feet away!
- Most improtantly, several scenes of Harry Potter were shot inside the cathedral!
Do you guys like reading more non-food posts? Let me know your thoughts
Lots of love,